Methylhydrazines are hydrazines that have additional methyl groups. Heavily methylated versions exist as hydrazinium salts.
Members of this class include:
- Symmetrical dimethylhydrazine (1,2-dimethylhydrazine)
- Unsymmetrical dimethylhydrazine (1,1-dimethylhydrazine)
- 1,1,1-trimethylhydrazinium (cationic and exists as a variety of salts e.g. 1,1,1-trimethylhydrazinium iodide)
- 1,1,1,2-tetramethylhydrazinium (cationic and exists as a variety of salts)
- Pentamethylhydrazinium (cationic and exists as a variety of salts)
- Hexamethylhydrazinediium (dication, exists as a variety of salts)